Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Coffee Anyone???

Remember the server/foyer table from this post? The one where I made the flirty little skirt for that table? Well, it recently received a makeover! You see, I found this great blog called Cozy Little House and in her header photo, she has this wonderful coffee station all set up and I fell in love - instantly!
I wanted one too (insert child-like whine here)! I had just the perfect piece for it and all it needed was a new coat of paint! So I got to work and after a little rearranging in the kitchen, the rest fell into place. I now have my very own coffee station and I looove it! Thank you so much Brenda for the inspiration.

I love the way it frees up my counter space and makes the coffee pot easily accessible to anyone who is in the kitchen. It sits in a nice central location that isn't in the way of anything. Plus, I get some added storage for extra dishes and serving pieces. I put a little shelf above the cabinet and I've hung some coffee mugs on the pegs. The rest are on the shelf along with a few other adds and ends.


Love it!!

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting!!
xo,
Kathleen

13 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, imagine my surprise when I came to visit and found you mentioning my name! I love your coffee station! It's so vintagy beautiful! Isn't it wonderful having it all set up in one spot? I stand there, get my coffee cup out from underneath. Put two Splenda packets in (I keep one crystal jar full of Splenda, and one of Equal, which my husband prefers). Stir, then head for the fridge to add some cream. Then to the computer to read email. The start of each and every single day!
Brenda

Angie said...

How perfect is that??? I might have to "borrow" this idea too!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Very luxurious. It's like you're at your own bed & breakfast. I also love that skirt you made for the dresser. Really cute!

Diva Kreszl said...

what a great idea!!! Love what you've done and thanks for sending me to visit Brenda's blog.

Sylvia said...

Hi, your little coffee station is very cute. I have the same red and white plates as you do!

French-Kissed said...

What a great idea and your interpretation is as beautiful as it is practical. I also love the table skirt!

~Jermaine~

decorator to the stars said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG, STOP BY & SAY HI :) GIO

Sheila (TCW) said...

Love the coffee station. I may have to do some "idea borrowing" on this one! :-)

xo

Lydia said...

What a beautifully elegant coffee station!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh Kathleen....that is sooooooo beautiful!!!! I just love everything about it,I am so glad I saw this post..have not felt overly inspired as of late,but now....wow,just love it!!! Talk soon,Chrissy

Seawashed said...

Oh my this is so french cottagie cute! Love, love, love it!

*Ulrike* said...

Such a neat idea! You could even use the idea for a tea area!

BailiwickStudio said...

I remember seeing Brenda's post about her coffee station. Yours looks fabulous! ::Jill

PS Congratulations about your new baby girl! Daughters are simply the best thing ever (no offense to sons - they're pretty cool too!).