Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Little Halloween Crafting Fun!


We were very busy this weekend making lots of cool stuff for Halloween. I found some really fun ideas for things to make this year. I have finished several of them and I'm still finishing up even more which I will share in the next day or two.

Two ideas that I came across and completed this weekend are this fall crow cloche pictured above which you can find here
and
this very cool pumpkin diorama pictured below. Click here to see the blog where I found it along with her excellent tutorial. My son and I each made one and had such a great time with it! His is pictured below.
He used an orange pumpkin and did such a great job with it. He even glued on what was left of the skeletons we used to embellish the front. So creative...

I used a white pumpkin with mine instead of the orange. We got those foam carvable pumpkins and cut off the fronts of them. Then we spray painted the insides of the pumpkins black and glittered them well! If you go to The Klucking Bear where I found the idea, she included a great tutorial.

Then we created these mini graveyards inside. I usually don't like the scary in Halloween but rather the whimsical and fun. I go for the pumpkins and gourds and other non scary Halloween/Fall decorations. But with this amazing dollar store project I found, I couldn't resist how fun it looked to make. I thought the skeletons looked more cute than scary.

My son decorated his with really thin cobwebs made with the glue gun - very clever I think!

Here is one of our fun little skeletons we used

We put mine on a shelf in the family room with the crow cloche

and my son's sits proudly on the hall table for all to see when they enter.
For tons more creative fall projects, be sure to visit Tatertots and Jello!! You'll be so glad you did. Have a great day!
~~
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

3 comments:

brocantezussen said...

I'm getting spooked just looking at your blog. It's great!

Bring Pretty Back said...

That was a great idea your son had to make the spider webs out of the glue! Very clever.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
I absolutely love your Halloween projects, you all did a great job!! I'll have to try the one with the pumpkins, that looks like fun, my kids would love it!!
Have a great night.
Sincerely,
Melinda