Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ironstone and Silver



What is it about tarnished silver and old ironstone that is so inviting?
I think it speaks of a simpler era. 
It's pretty to look at and it warms up a room.  It's  inviting and it's homey.
It says welcome, come on in.
It's heavy in the hand,
solid, yet feminine.


I came across this amazing stack of ironstone in perfect condition and it was priced at 25 cents per plate.  I bought all eleven plates.
When I walked up to the cashier to pay for them she said, "these things are so heavy, I just gave away a whole box of them.  I never did like them." 
I had to pick up my jaw off of the floor.  She didn't like them?  Too heavy?  What?
I just couldn't imagine not liking them.  Ironstone to me is just about as pretty as the finest china. 
In fact, I might even prefer it over the finest china.

Hope you're having a great weekend!
~ ~ ~
Thank you to everyone who has been voting for me.  I really appreciate it.
I'm halfway there!!
Please keep voting ~ contest ends Wednesday and I'm so close!!
~ ~ ~
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the ironstone, what a fabulous find. Hope you have a super Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty