Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Monday, February 10, 2014

Chalkboards and a Pretty Planter


I love old picture frames...



...and I found these oldies but goodies last week.  Right away I knew they would be perfect for mini chalkboards!
I totally forgot to take before photos - sorry!
I painted them with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Louis Blue and then I washed over them with a pretty antiquing gel.


I love how they turned out!
I thought they'd be so pretty on a desktop.  You know, instead of  unruly pieces of  sticky notes everywhere.   That's what I use mine for and it really dresses up the desk quite a bit.
I write little notes and reminders on it.

They'd be cute as wedding table decor too!


or a sweet little Valentine note!


I also got this cool old Syroco planter/wall pocket.
Is it just me or does anyone else love that old Syroco decor?
I'm not always crazy about the original color of it though, so I painted this one.
It got the same treatment as the chalkboard picture frames.


as well as a wee bit of distressing.
Pretty cool huh?



These are all available for sale right now in my Etsy!!

Have a great day everyone!!

xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

3 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Your mini chalkboards are perfect! Yes, I like old Syroco pieces also...not so easy to find anymore. I like how you updated it with paint and glaze...very nice!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Hi Kathleen,
LOVE your mini chalkboards... such a sweet idea. And your wall pocket is such a beauty. Gorgeous details!
~ Lin

June said...

LOVE, LOVE these Kathleen!!!! I also love the wall pocket and how you made it look so lovely...I think wall pockets are awesome because there are so many ways to use them in one's decor.
sending hugs...